In which Laska the love kitty teaches us thingz

by Craig on May 2, 2011

Laska the love kitty writes almost exclusively on Deep into Love. But today he says he has something to share here. In our ongoing study of the Book of James – he says he has insight. Here goes caution to the wind – we’ll see how it turns out…

I here this

an I no it iz fud – th nise wet kynd an I run to it

I see this

an no it is time for chayse an kach an I run to it – it iz onli dogz i lyke – i chew on hiz fase

I m kat an I jus du theez thingz – bucuz i m kat – i lyke beeing kat

i see lo playse – frum hi playse an I jump

an yes it was long jump – i am amayzing kat

I see this

an I doent lyke it and I run away

I do thingz becuz I m kat

I lyk my fud in this dish

an i eet du not nede fork or nife

I skrach thingz

I meow

I run in tunnelz

I sleep many tymz

but u are huminz so u shud speke and do lyke huminz

an u r Christians (kreg mayd me spel this wurd rong) so u shood be lyke Christians.

u shood luv kitteez – an luv huminz, an sey nise thingz an obay yore hevenli father lyke I obay kreg – (wel not lyke that – he sez doent skrach prity thingz) but u no what I meen

that iz awl

now here iz kreg

James 2:12 reads, “So speak and so act as people who will be judged by the law of freedom.”

The words “speak” and “act” are grammatically what’s called “present imperatives”. They imply habitual aktz acts – sorry. I love because I’m His. I obey because I’m his.

I have this heart in me that he recreated and I just want to do what he wants. I mess up because I haven’t learned enough, practiced enough, I have an old nature that fights the new.

But when I do mess up – I know it’s not me.

I know I don’t want it…

no matter how much I want it.

Know what I mean?

I know the difference between my “habitual acts” done of love, for a Father who is LOVE and the ones that break the habit.

I walk one foot at a time because it’s habitual. If I’m His, and I am, I follow the law of freedom, God’s perfect law of love, and I do so just by habit.

It’s no big thing.

It’s just my thing.

It’s just our thing.

More tomorrow – and likely all typed by hand – not paw.

A. May 2, 2011 at 9:39 am

Craig, you and Laska, co-writing. That is awesome!!!! (I hope Dawn catches this before her dogs read it…the part about chewing on doz facez…it might give them nightmares…and Dawn, don’t tell them, but I thought that part was really funny-and I do like dogs. :)

Can you imagine how much more people might read the bible if it had been written by katz? (but still inspired by Father. :) I know I wud.

I like how you worded this: “I have this heart in me that He recreated and I just want to do what he wants.” It takes obedience beyond the ‘have to’ realm into the ‘want to’ realm, which is the best place, I think-the most truly transformed place.

Craig May 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

I’m sure Dawn’s dogs have kitty faces to chew on – not to worry. :)

I’d read the Katz version – however there are those dog only people – not everyone loves a love kitty. ^.^ And to obey because it’s just who we are – “”have to” obedience leads to obedience without wisdom – we need that as babies – not as adults – as adult Christians we should obey – and understand I think. God Bless you A.

Debbie May 3, 2011 at 1:18 am

I liked the chewing on dogs faces part too! haha! No offense to the dogs . . .it’s just what cats do. :) And Craig, please know how much you encourage us with these posts. To read that we ARE wanting to do just as He wants. That we mess up, but it is not the way we want it to be. That really blesses me. Thank you!!! and thanks to Laska too!!! :)

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:46 am

The fact that you both liked the chewing on dog faces made ms smile. Thank you. We can’t gt too loose and leave out Judgment and can’t get too hard and leave out Mercy. Our Lord is perfectly balanced. No? Poor Laska – I think he’s having a reaction to the flea stuff I put on him – sad. :(

God Bless you Deb.

Michelle May 3, 2011 at 7:25 am

I have no words (for now!). Just pondering the ‘I don’t do what I want to do’ words. I may be back. Or I may just ponder. Thanks.

Craig May 3, 2011 at 11:47 am

I know well those words of Paul – I had to read them once in a church service – that’s a hard read with all the I want to do what I don’t want but want what I don’t wan but don’t want what I want…. :) Pondering is good Liz. I heart pondering. God Bless you.

Dawn May 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Ahhhhh, Craig, I just read this and it is Wednesday evening. I look for Laska on Deep Into Love and I missed this. I came back to Deep Into Scripture to check something on your April 29 post on murder and adultery. When looking at your list of posts, I discovered that Laska had a guest post here. I was soooo excited. My favorite part was “i am amayzing kat,” but when I read the comments and saw that A. said she hoped I would not see the dog part. I laughed out loud because I thought the only dogs Laska liked were my dogz and now I see he has a dog toy that he likes because he can chew its face. I will not tell them. They may be scared. They bark loud, but they are snugglers.

I’m so glad I caught this. It’s priceless (to me).
Dawn

PS My dogs don’t chew on cats’ faces. We are civilized over here, woof!

Craig May 6, 2011 at 10:39 am

Sorry so late in responding – horrendously rough days!! Our Lord is good. It’s funny how you don’t read over here as much as Love – but you come over and see A’s reference to you – made me smile and laugh a little. Laska has assured me that he wouldn’t chew on your dogs’ noses. God bless you Dawn.