In which I say 1000 thank you’s to God (#’s 317-335)

by Craig on May 30, 2011

Because…

it really is…

just so much better…

to…

♥✞ღ

Thank

You

God…

#318 … for Your patience, Lord. How can you possibly be so patient with me?

#319 … that You know the end from the beginning. You have seen all my mistakes – when I turned left and should’ve turned right – when I stand still instead of moving, when I move instead of standing still. To know that there is someone who knows…perfectly. I heart that. Thank you.

#320 … that although I don’t know how anything will ever work out, until it “works out”, You do.

#321 … that You experience each moment with me, with us. You, so big, Creator of the Cosmos, mover of galaxies, painter of butterfly wings, You care about us, about me.

#322 … that You see our lives – our full lives – our eternally existent lives – all of it – all of ours – one grand sweeping vista ever constant before Your eyes.

#323 … that You are never uncertain about anything.

#324 … for calling me home when I wandered, and disciplining me when I needed it, and teaching me even when I had my hands over my ears, or covering my eyes.

#325 …for knowing all along how much I have failed You – and will fail You, but never giving up, never letting go.

#326 … that although You are never disappointed – because to be disappointed one has to expect something different – and then receive less than one thought was going to be received. Still, you can be made sad. I’m thankful for that – and sorry that I have caused you sadness.

#327 … that from Your viewpoint You can see all the potential outcomes, of every possible situation in our lives – and through the maze of turns and twists and dead ends, You know the one perfect path I could’ve taken.

#328 … that You never expected perfection. But a heart that tries, that tries not to fall – and then gets up after falling.

#329 … that You appreciate, I know You do, that I never, ever, ever give up. I cry, I fail, I waver, but I’m a weeble – wobbling, tumbling, but never staying down. Thank You.

#330 … that You catch each of our tears. And yet, that makes me wonder. Who catches Yours?

#331 … that when I choose correctly, when I lay hold of Your compass, and walk where You lead, You smile. I have felt that smile.

#332 … that You smile because You can see how much better it is for me to be walking in Your path, being more like the creation I am designed to be.

#333 … that You bend so low for me, for us, even in the smallest moments when we can’t possibly think that You are present – that You must so obviously have something much more grand and big to work on, or someone much more dependable, and less broken to work with, yet You never give up on me. You never give up on us.

#334 … that You love us all through our small, mistake riddled, error-prone, and broken lives.

#335 … that one day we will no longer be mistake riddled, error-prone, and broken – ever again.

#336 … that I get to read so many other counters – and link with Ann Voskamp for…

Diana @ Starlight Writer May 30, 2011 at 9:15 am

Enjoyed reading your list! I especially like #320 as I am learning — again and again — that God is always in control.

Craig May 30, 2011 at 10:15 am

thank you Diana, if we could just remember – all the time – that it is ours to control what we can – and give to HIM that which we cannot – or should not. I have to learn the same lesson as – again and again. So at least I feel I’m in good company :-) thank you again Diana, and God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours this day

Erin @ Wild Whispers May 30, 2011 at 9:33 am

Number 323… so reassuring! Blessings, Craig!

Craig May 30, 2011 at 10:20 am

Erin, blessings to you too. And #323 – for anyone who has ever conceived and believed in a god who was anything less than perfect – envious, spiteful, random, inconsistent…

I think that’s just sad. Because our Lord is lacking in nothing – NOTHING – including certainty, knowing beyond knowing all that is known – and all that is not.

Thank you Erin, and God bless you and keep you.

Christina May 30, 2011 at 10:11 am

Love it all! 325 is so amazing isn’t it? It’s all about the gospel of grace!

Craig May 30, 2011 at 10:23 am

Christina – as always – thank you. and about #325 – you would think a perfect God would have a truly difficult time understanding, loving, caring for creations who wander so much – who want to put themselves at the center and not the one who created them – who fail, and fail, and fail. But he doesn’t. Amen Christina, it is all about the gospel of grace, Amen. Thank you again, and God bless you and all of yours.

Kris May 30, 2011 at 12:16 pm

“… that one day we will no longer be mistake riddled, error-prone, and broken – ever again.”

This hope. Hope that eventually we will truly be “home”. Sometimes I ache for that day… Praying you are well, and that your sister is too. Been thinking about you all, praying for the struggle to wind it’s way from valley to mountain top.

Bless you, Craig.

Cora May 30, 2011 at 4:49 pm

That He never gives up on me! If it weren’t for that one truth, I’m not sure I’d be here today. It’s THAT that gives me the courage and strength to get up. If only I had known about grace earlier in life. Your picture of the lamb and Shepherd just says it all. As my pastor used to say, “It warms the cockles of my heart.” I don’t know what cockles are, but it always sounded really neat!

Craig May 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Cora, because you made my wheels turn I googled “cocktails of my heart”. I think the best answer for the derivation is that it’s from the Latin term for the chambers of the heart, and that makes sense – that something warms your heart so much that it reaches inside. That picture of our Lord and the lamb – it kind of does that. And bless his heart – he doesn’t give up on us. God bless you, Cora, and thank you.

Cindy Holman May 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm

#329 and #330 – yes I live those – great list! Thanks!

Craig May 31, 2011 at 9:51 am

Cindy, they may be my favorite too – one is all me – one that is all HIM. :-) God bless you Cindy, and thank you.

Debbie May 30, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I’m so blessed by your thank you’s. They are so much deeper than mine. :) Of course. ha! I am extra blessed by #333 tonight! Thank you dear Craig, for your thankful heart!

Craig May 31, 2011 at 9:54 am

Debbie, not deeper, just wordier. Brevity is not my strength. and Amen #333 – see – told ya – God IS nice :-) God bless you Debbie.

Adrienne May 31, 2011 at 8:12 am

Thank goodness he loves me in spite of my mistakes! His grace is enough! :)
I loved that blanket (or banner-not sure what it was), so cute!

Craig May 31, 2011 at 9:57 am

Adrienne, such a big, HUGE, AMEN to the fact that he loves us – that he loved me – and he loves you – and spite of our mistakes. I SO heart that about God. and that blanket, that quilt, that banner – whatever it is – did you catch that “AND” is misspelled – it’s imperfect – that’s the part I heart best about it! God bless you Adrienne, and God bless and keep each and all of yours.

Deborah May 31, 2011 at 9:10 am

What an awesome list. I think you wrote # 318 with me in mind.
Thanks for sharing.

Craig May 31, 2011 at 10:00 am

Deborah, of course I wrote #318 with you in mind – we’re human – I’m no different than you – you are no different than me – in at least this respect – it’s nearly unbelievable how much patience he has had with me – maybe you too. Thank you Deborah, thank you for reading, just thank you – and God bless and keep you!

A. June 2, 2011 at 1:04 am

#331…that you felt His smile; that is one I would like to learn more about…what it is like to feel His smile. i don’t think I feel that very often if at all. Wistful. I love your list, though. So real!