In which a lost lamb is found…by The Lamb

unrivaled
unsurpassed

sent to be common,
ordinary,
misunderstood

Lamb of God

He walked landscapes of pain,
anguish,

always seeking
always falling
always running

nobody’s lamb

wandering distant
called by name

a lamb hears and follows the voice he knows

The voice

of …

Light in darkness
Commander of nature
Good Shepherd of lost lambs

Beloved Lamb of God
Cherished Lamb of Grace
Precious Lamb of Mercy
You’ve brought me to this place

place of pain

forever…

a lamb

of

God.

Martha Orlando April 8, 2012 at 10:34 am

Simply beautiful . . .
Happy and blessed Easter, Craig!

Craig April 9, 2012 at 2:27 pm

thank you Martha, my poems are few and far between, they exact way more than their fair share of flesh in the writing. anyway, thank you my friend, and God bless you!

Cora April 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Oh, I really loved this, Craig. . . The Good Shepherd of lost lambs! It has been such a privilege to get to know you, where you have come from, what you have been through. . . it’s knowing these things that makes reading this mean so much. I really identify with that little lamb peeking around the corner like that — checking it all out! Thank you for this today! In fact, thank you for the whole journey and alowing us to follow along! It isn’t easy to walk that road, but thankfully it didn’t end at the cross, but rather at an empty tomb! We, above all people, have so much to celebrate today!

Craig April 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Cora, I’m not sure if there’s anyone who has read me more than you have, thank you my friend, I consider it a blessing every time I know that you have read. And you DO know a little bit about that lamb – that makes me smile. God bless and keep you!

Andrea Dawn April 8, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Once nobody’s lamb . . . now a lamb of God. Simple truth, simply beautiful. Happy Easter, Craig.

Craig April 9, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I once belonged to no one, that I tried to take total and complete ownership of myself, even struggling after I gave my life over to our Lord to NOT give him all of me. The struggle was lost because he DID have all of me – I’m just a squirmer, you know? I hope you had a happy Easter Andrea Dawn, and thank you very much.

Sylvia April 8, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Cora took my words, Craig, but I’m going to say them anyway: Wow! I really love this! I was a lost lamb sinking fast in quicksand! But what a Shepherd-Lamb rescued me! Beautiful words of life. (And those lamb pictures are wonderful.) Special blessings on this best of days!

Craig April 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm

thank you Sylvia, you can never EVER go wrong with cute frisky little lamb pictures – and newborn baby pictures too – I’ll have some of those coming because my sister gave birth to twins… And they had different birthdays… So I’ll be posting some of them soon. God bless you Sylvia, and thank you again.

A. April 9, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I loved this poem…and the peeky lamb! Its face looks trusting and curious. Happy. It must know it has a good shepherd. I feel like I know I do, too, so why don’t I maintain my trust and faith constant? I am not such a good lamb as this one, then. I love your descriptions of the Shepherd! Thank you, Craig.

Craig April 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I heart that “peeky” lamb too – you have it pegged – trusting, curious, happy. And it’s you and me both – not as “peek-ish” as him – but we keep trying – and in God hearts that. God bless you A.

tara pohlkotte April 18, 2012 at 9:21 am

“nobody’s lamb” – - what an image. that sweet faced lamb, alone. breaks your heart. wonderful thought put down in a way my heart writes itself out most naturally, through poetry.

Craig April 18, 2012 at 9:42 am

Tara, I don’t often write poetry – prose is far more easy. I’ve said it many times before to people who read me regularly, “poetry hates me”. It ends up okay – but it’s so mean to me as I’m writing it – it takes so long to get out just one word – and fit it “just so” in a line – and then link that with another – and have the theme running through – and have a beginning middle and end – it’s about as needy as a kitten – but not nearly so cute – and with claws. Thank you very much – I do heart when God speaks to me through a poem – I really WAS nobody’s lamb – but for many many years now I’ve been a lamb of THE LAMB. I’m thinking you know how much that means. I’m really looking forward to reading your poems – soon I promise. God bless and keep Tara.

Lisa notes April 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

“Once a lamb alone
once nobody’s lamb
now…
forever…
a lamb of God.”

Words, images, truths I can rest in!

Craig April 18, 2012 at 9:46 am

I’m still a “lamb alone” in many ways – the year named “connect” has really changed things – Lambs are silly, they wander, they forget where they’re going, they forget to listen to their shepherd, they don’t mean to disobey – they just – forget. We ARE lambs, aren’t we. And between you and me – maybe the secret to a great post is either a. Putting in pictures of lambs – or b. Putting in pictures of newborn babies – seems you can’t go wrong with either one ツ God bless you and keep you Lisa!

Janae April 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

The Kingdom without end
begins with Your end

This phrase is so hope-filled and a beautiful reminder that His ending was the beginning, and so it is with us.

Craig April 18, 2012 at 10:55 am

HE is the Alpha AND the Omega – my beginning in my end – OUR beginning – and our end – and it’s so good that the God we believe in is historical – He eternally lives – and really lived a human life – and died – and didn’t stay dead. Knowing him is SO filled with hope – and love. Thank you Janae, thank you. And God bless and keep you!

Brandee Shafer April 18, 2012 at 12:24 pm

So wonderful to visit you today, Craig. Love your heart AND your poem. Interesting: the pastor I heard on Easter Sun talked about the nursery rhyme “Mary had a little lamb” in reference to Mary the mother of Jesus, and Jesus. I’d never considered, before.

Craig April 18, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Brandee!! Haven’t “seen” you for a couple of months! Makes me smile. Anyway, it IS an interesting connection – she DID have one, and she herself WAS one, His fleece WAS white as snow…although…SHE followed HER lamb everywhere HE went. ツ God bless you Brandee. And thank you.

shannon April 18, 2012 at 3:03 pm

AMEN!!!1

Craig April 18, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Amen!!!!2 ツ

I think that’s funny (but subtle funny first – then ha ha funny)

It’s Amen, but with one more exclamation point and the number 2 – which also kind of means Amen too…too…I mean also means amen, as well. Made me smile. God bless!! ツ

imperfect prose April 18, 2012 at 9:04 pm

i love how you juxtaposed “lamb” with “kingdom”… and “landscape of pain” — so wonderfully riveting. a thoughtful and inspiring piece, craig. bless you.

Craig April 19, 2012 at 11:38 am

Emily, I’m always so touched when you find something worthwhile in what I write – and I’ll be honest – I didn’t really mean to juxtapose anything here – I just wrote what I felt. That being said, I’ll pretend that I did, and then I can feel really smart and talented ツ thank you for your kind words – I know how busy you are, and God bless and keep you!

brian miller April 18, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Once a lamb alone
once nobody’s lamb
now…
forever…
a lamb of God.

love that man…and that he always goes looking for that one lamb too that does wander…

Craig April 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

Amen Brian, they once belonged to nobody, and now we belong to the only One who IS somebody. And oh, how very, very, very many lambs our poor Lord has to continually chase down. We are wanderers aren’t we? thank you Brian, and God bless you.