In which is maybe a bumper crop?

by Craig on January 25, 2015

Dark-Sky-Tree-With-And-Light-Streams-Beautiful-Images

They had a chance to know everything

dark

light

strength

weakness

perfection

imperfection

to understand pain but never be injured
to know of sorrow but never undergo grief
to fathom the human tapestry as it is woven

with divine perspective

from

above

but now, as the serpent promised
they would know good and evil
but would have to learn it all

from

Adam, Eve, Gen 3:15, a chance to view from the top side, instead chose the bottom...

below

how tempting to sleep, never to wake again
how important was the prophecy to keep hope alive

And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your seed and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
(Genesis 3:15)

they failed
yet in the failure
was the seed of hope

if it’s dark right now
all murky and shadowy
nothing like you wanted

I get it

they would too

Adam

Eve

but if God allows the seed of failure
and bestows, in return, the seed of a woman
then there is promise within the ancient prophecy

“he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel”

One will eternally issue the final blow
the other, be forever relegated to nipping

nipping with venom to be sure
how he does relish striking the heel
but the Enemy can never completely do. us. in.

if God eternally is
and yet, he was born

If God always lives yet laid down his live, maybe just this one time, there is hope.

if God always lives
and yet laid down his life

if God is real
and the promise is real
from so many seeds of failure

maybe

just this one time

a bumper crop

of

hope

the tree
tapestry
eternal harmony

Martha Orlando January 25, 2015 at 11:17 am

Let us pray for a bumper crop of hope!
Beautiful reflection today, Craig.
Blessings!

Craig February 22, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Martha, hope. If I don’t believe, where does the hope come from? Having faith I guess doesn’t guarantee hope, but how can there be real hope without faith? Hmmmmm. Happy hopeful day Martha.

Sylvia R January 25, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Oh, I do marvel at that amazing blessing right within the curse. Out of such dismal dark failure the promise of the ages, even at that so-early point. Beautiful. Beautiful hope. Beautiful God!

Thanks for this.

Craig February 22, 2015 at 2:01 pm

You know, Sylvia, I always had the hardest time calling this “the curse”. I took me a long time in my Christian life to figure out the word I would choose. It’s more like “consequences”. They chose to find their wisdom, the knowledge of good and evil, from the bottom of the tapestry, and were sold a literal “bill of goods”. Then they had to live with the consequences of their actions, and within these consequences, God still supplied hope. I have had many, many, many consequences resulting from decisions, and most likely would not be here today if it was not for the hope that he has brought me and continues to bring. And yes it was nice of God to mix in hope with the consequences. That WAS beautiful. Happy hopeful day Sylvia

Sylvia R February 23, 2015 at 8:23 am

Hm, reflecting on your words here I reconsider: The ground was cursed, and so was the serpent, but the text doesn’t say anything about either the man or the woman being cursed, only speaks of the consequences they’ll now have to live with. (e.g., they sought to know evil as well as good, and now they’ve got it!) So, I’ll reword my comment: amid the awful consequences, such loving intervention on God’s part, such grace! :)
I too have had to live with consequences of decisions I’d rather not, and I *know* I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for that kind of grace and intervention.
Blessings

Michelle January 25, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Such hope and beauty in your words.

Craig February 22, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Michelle, my words, but his inspiration, his story, his grace. One of the best things about writing about God is that sometimes the best writing about God, is basically plagiarizing God. I’m copying off of his paper. ツ Happy hopeful day Michelle.

Debbie January 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Oh Craig, this is so encouraging. I loved the part that he could nip with venom but never do us in. Thank you and God bless you!

Craig February 22, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Nipping is one thing. But nipping with venom is many steps beyond. Pain. Damage. Immunity is a good thing to have, more immunity is a better thing to have, eternal immunity – that’s pretty hopeful. God bless and keep you Debbie. Happy hopeful day.

Pattie Johnson February 25, 2015 at 10:06 am

May I have permission to paint your flowers? Thanks!
Pattie

Craig February 25, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Patty, if you mean the flowers from my Christmas post, the ones in the desert. The link for the source is now at the bottom of the post. I forgot to put it in. Thank you. I’m sorry I can’t give you permission, since the picture isn’t mine, but that’s where I got it from. God Bless.

A. April 14, 2015 at 10:28 am

I recently saw part of Dr. Faustus, and how dark and dreary that story line is. This post is such a good rebuttal to the theme of that play.